There are a cup of ways to benefit the free disk spaces in the Internet.
- Pros: easy-to-use, easy-to-share
- Cons: not-easy-to-update
This stuff focuses on the usage of free SVN server to deal with this disadvantage.
- Download one of SVN clients compatibles with your OS (Windows, Linux, Mac..) . I prefer here TortoiseSVN
- Here is a tutorial: Installing and using TortoiseSVN
Note that in order to use a SVN client we must have a SVN URL. How to get a free SVN URL is the key point of this stuff. It is easy. Check out this article: 10 Free SVN & Project Hosting Services. I prefer Google and SourceForge:
- Register a Google/SF account
- Create a new project
- Go to Source section to get URL of project. Example with Google:
# Project members authenticate over HTTPS to allow committing changes.
svn checkout https://[your-project-name].googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ [your-project-name] --username [your-email]@gmail.com
https://[your-project-name].googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ is SVN URL.
See also: TortoiseSVN instructions for SourceForge